xri message

Subject: Minutes:Joint XRI & XDI TC Telecon Thursday 2007-05-24

Following are the minutes of the joint unofficial telecon of the XRI and XDI
TCs at:

Date:  Thursday, 24 May 2007 USA
Time:  10:00AM - 12:00PM Pacific Time

ATTENDING

Bill Barnhill
Steve Churchill
Gabe Wachob
Drummond Reed
Les Chasen
Markus Sabadello

1) XRI SPEC PRIORITIES - FINISHING XRI 2.X AND BEGINNING 3.X

Those of us on the call reaffirmed the path proposed at Internet Identity
Workshop last week to quickly finalize XRI Resolution 2.0 so it can be
normatively referenced by push OpenID Authentication 2.0.

This means the new syntax, resolution, and dictionary features
we have been discussing will now moving into an 3.x cycle, which will
commence as soon as XRI Resolution 2.0 is in Committee Draft.

2) XRI RESOLUTION 2.O WORKING DRAFT 11

Drummond posted the first editor's draft last night at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/24096/xri-resolution-v2.0-
wd-11-ed-01.doc

* We worked out an action plan for moving it to Committee Draft status as
quickly as possible. The plan is to do two more editor's drafts (02 and 03),
with ED02 to be completed by this time next week (5/31), and ED03 in two
weeks (6/7). The goal of ED02 is to be content complete, and ED03 to be a
polish draft that is then ready for approval as XRI Resolution 2.0 Committee
Draft 02 (XRI Resolution 2.0 Committee Draft 01 was approved March 15,
2005).

* Sections 8 through 11 are either new (8 and 11) or completely rewritten (9
and 10). These are the sections that need the most thorough review by TC
members.

# DRUMMOND to send an email to the list asking for review of these sections
(with instructions on how to submit that feedback).

* Drummond explained that while all major issues from the WD11 issue page
are in ED01, about a dozen minor issues are not reflected yet.

# DRUMMOND go through
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/Xri2Cd02/ResWorkingDraft11 and categorize
issues as either in ED01 (reference to section or line number) or assign
them to editors for drafting for ED02.

# DRUMMOND to send an email to the OpenID Specs list asking for feedback on
section 8.

* Steve suggests we add the formal graph model he has proposed to make sure
that we are not "underspecified", particularly with regard to Canonical ID
verification (section 11), in order to avoid interpretation and interop
problems. Steve feels and others agree that such a model belongs only in the
Canonical ID Verification section because it is only under the constraints
of rooted Canonical IDs that the formal graph model can be expressed. Steve,
Drummond, and Markus agreed to collaborate on revised text/graphics for
section 11.

# STEVE to review the text of section 11 of ED01 and develop his
recommendation of how to incorporate his proposed graph model.

# MARKUS to review the current text in section 11.

# DRUMMOND to review Steve's proposed graph model and text.

# STEVE, DRUMMOND, MARKUS to collaborate on a revised section 11 for ED02.

* We discussed the need for revisions to the XRD schema in Appendix D, and a
RelaxNG version in Appendix E.

# DRUMMOND to draft a checklist of changes to XRD schema and post on the
wiki.

# BILL and GABE will collaborate on producing the revised schema in both XSD
and RelaxNG formats.

* We also discussed the need to fill in Appendix F and G, Media Type
Definitions.

# GABE to draft text for these two.

* We also need to revise the example local resolver interface definition in
Appendix H.

# STEVE to draft the proposed revisions.

3) NEXT CALLS

We agreed that until WD11 is complete, we don't so much need full TC calls
as short coordination calls between the XRI Resolution editors. Since
Drummond has a conflict with next week's TC call, we may or may not hold it.
Meanwhile the editors will schedule coordination calls as necessary. We will
definitely hold the regular TC call on Thursday, June 7, as this is our goal
for completion of ED03.