xri message

Subject: Writeup of CanonicalID Verification applied to both XRIs and HTTP(S) URIs

One of my action items coming of the special telecon on Canonical ID verification held yesterday (see http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200706/msg00050.html) was to do a formal writeup of the proposal for extending Canonical ID verification to cover HTTP(S) URIs in addition to XRIs.

I have completed this initial writeup and posted it on the Canonical ID verification page at:

            http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/CanonicalIdVerification

I am happy that it is relatively short and straightforward due to the unambiguous use of the Backref element (thanks to Steve for pointing that out). Please review this writeup and send any feedback to the list. If possible I’d like to close on this on Thursday’s TC telecon so it can go into XRI Resolution 2.0 WD11 ED04 (I’m not going to try to get it into ED03 as that is scheduled to be posted tomorrow night).

Thanks,

=Drummond