xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Minutes: Special XRI TC Telecon Noon PT Friday 2007-08-24

We also got sidetracked into a conversation on CID verification that I
think will need to get re-visited.  Drummond explained how it is
possible for CID verification to pass if a parent XRD does not contain a
CID while the child does.  The exact scenario discussed was
@cordance*Drummond*home where @cordance and *home have CIDs but
*Drummond does not ... but cid verification still passes.

I think this is wrong and against the original intent of cid
verification.  We MUST verify that every XRD in a hierarchical chain
verify with the parent XRD.  This means that every XRD must have a CID
and each CID must contain the parent node in it's fully qualified CID.
So if @cordance has cid = @!1 then *Drummond must have a CID that begins
with @!1.  If we assume *drummond's cid is @!1!2 then *home needs to
have a cid that starts with @!1!2.

contact: =les
sip: =les/(+phone)
chat: =les/skype/chat

Ref.
> The
> only inputs that determined whether a Ref is following or not are the
> QXRI,
> the refs= parameter, and the service endpoint selection parameters.
The
> cid
> parameter will NOT affect affecting Ref processing.
>
> * We also have consensus that EquivID should have zero-or-more
> cardinality,
> is used to express equivalence relationships between identifiers, and
can
> be
> used in conjunction with the priority attribute to express the
priority of
> such equivalence assertions.
>
> * Where we do not have consensus yet is if or how an XRD should enable
> expression of a "stronger than equivalence" mapping relationship
between
> two
> identifiers. Such a relationship might be called "directional",
> "precessor/successor", "migration", "replacement", "preference",
> "redirect",
> or many other terms.
>
> * Les proposed that we define a PreferredID element for this purpose
with
> roughly the following definition: "The purpose of this tag is to
express
> the
> preferred identifier for the target resource if that preferred
identifier
> is
> not the QXRI or CanonicalID. It is recommended that applications
retain
> this
> identifier in their local account for future reference to this
resource."

> * Drummond proposed that the core underlying motivation is to support
the
> need of XRD authors to inform consuming applications that they should
> associate two primary global foreign keys for a resource.
>
> * After 2.5 hours of discussion, we agreed that next step is for all
TC