xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] RE: Direct descendant vs. family descendant CIDs (was RE: [xri] Minutes: Special XRI TC Telecon Noon PT Friday 2007-08-24)

If you register two inames with the same inumber then you have *truly* created synonyms.  These three identifiers all are keys for the same XRDS.  In the GRS they are all tied to the same entity called an authority.  The localid is always the local portion of the inumber.   (I’m sure everyone knows this but just in case i-number is cid).

Based on my understanding of the need for EquivId it is not related to localId.  EquivId is demonstrating equivalence with an external identifier, i.e. polyarchical.  localId is simply that … local to the current authority.

contact: =les

voice: =les/(+phone)

chat: =les/skype/chat

pibb me  =les/+pibb