xri message

Subject: Getting down to final issues on XRI Resolution 2.0

XRI TC Members and Observers:

After an almost yearlong process, we are finally getting down to the very last issues on XRI Resolution 2.0. Working Draft 11 Editor’s Draft 04 was posted last week:

            http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25204/xri-resolution-v2.0-wd-11-ed-04.pdf

I have updated the issues and assignments list at:

            http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/Xri2Cd02/ResWorkingDraft11

We are down to just four open issues, three of which involve synonym selection and verification rules, and the last one an esoteric mime type issue that Gabe has had on his TODO list for three months now (it’s issue #49 on the page above if you’re reading this, Gabe ;-).

We will try to close all three issues on tomorrow’s telecon, followed by the last push to publish a content-complete, issue-free ED05 this weekend for final review by all TC members and observers. Our goal is to accept any final feedback no later than our telecon next Thursday, September 20th, and then to publish the final edition of Working Draft 11 that weekend and begin the Committee Draft vote starting Monday, Sept. 24th and closing the following Sunday, Sept. 30th.

If you are reviewing ED04, please do send in any feedback ASAP. If you have not reviewed a recent editor’s draft, please allot time in your schedule next week to review ED05 and either post feedback to the mailing list, or attend our telecon next week to provide your final comments.

Thanks everyone. I think we’ll all be very glad to close this cycle.

=Drummond