xri message

Subject: Defaulting cid=true

At the Data Sharing Summit this past weekend, Victor Grey and Kermit Snelson made the suggestion that the default setting for the cid parameter (CanonicalID verification) should be cid=true, just as it is with the refs parameter. In this case, CanonicalID verification will be performed automatically unless a resolution request explicitly sets the cid parameter to cid=false. There was consensus among the TC members present that this was a good policy; however we need to confirm this with the larger group.

I am adding this to the agenda of tomorrow’s telecon. If you will not be able to attend the telecon, but feel strongly either way about this issue, please do post to the list.

=Drummond