xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Yapi

To add one more voice here, if Yapi (and OpenXRI) are going to specify a non-local API, then I’d like to strongly urge that we dogfooding it and specifying it in XDI RDF. The current proposal (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25531/xdi-rdf-model-v7.pdf ) is mature enough to do that, and would give us a good dogfooding test.

Anyway, I know I’m bleeding over into “post XRI Resolution 2.0” talk, which is not legal until we have that spec out the door, but I just wanted to put in a plug for Yapi to eat our own dogfood (sorry, just couldn’t resist that!! ;-)

=Drummond

From: markus.sabadello@gmail.com [mailto:markus.sabadello@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Markus Sabadello
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 11:37 AM
To: Victor Grey; Kermit Snelson
Cc: XRI TC
Subject: [xri] Yapi

Hey Victor, Kermit,

As I said on today's call, I'd be interested in your work on this. Do you have any concrete thoughts/docs/etc. yet?

Maybe I can contribute on this effort. I could give you an overview of the API the OpenXRI server currently offers for creating/modifying authorities, service endpoints, etc. and we could exchange thoughts.

Are you planning to specific any concrete bindings for this, i.e. do you want this to be just a local API, or also specify how you could use it via SOAP, etc?

Have you thought about how this would relate to Andy's XPP ( http://xpp.seedwiki.com/)?

Markus