xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Feedback on section 8 and onwards to XRI WD11-ed06

Gabe Wachob wrote:

> Line 2289-2291 This rule about removing the forward slash is odd and
> creates odd-looking scenarios in the example table. What’s the reason?

I remember bringing this up several times before, but memory is failing
me why we do it.
I think we are doing it for backward compatibility with WD10, which
doesn't have the leading slash in the Path element content (presumably
for user-friendliness.)

I agree with Gabe that the brain has to work harder to see an invisible
slash in the Path content of the second column (XRD Path Element). It
would be much easier to compare column 1 and 2 without having to perform
that extra mental step. That said, a lot of the scenarios are probably
too obscure to be used. However, XDI might have different requirements.

I just went through section 12 yesterday, and will be posting my
comments (including some related to this issue) in the following email.

=wil