xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Order of child Service elements from Neustar GRS not right

I’ve done a brief survey of openid implementations out there and they all seem to parse XRD documents basically without regard to ordering of elements where it doesn’t matter, so this “bug” on the part of the GRS is not really breaking anything.

What it does break is the verification of the new RelaxNG schema on XRDs out in the wild since they are all (well, all the ones generated by XRI resolution at the GRS) broken w/r/t ordering.

I do note that the XRDs I have found (very rare, actually) out there (like from myopenid.net) that result from non-XRI YADIS-style resolution seem to be correct (I’ve checked myopenid.com) w/r/t ordering, but then again, they aren’t using that many elements to begin with (and there’s this opend:Delegate element in there too?)

Anyhoo – I think we should just lean on Les to fix the GRS ASAP and move ahead with the RelaxNG spec with the same ordering as the WXS (to the extent we are talking about the same elements).

PLEASE look at the RelaxNG I’ve posted and see if the ordering makes sense to everyone. I’ll be posting a new version soon with a slew of fixes.

            -Gabe

From: Drummond Reed [mailto:drummond.reed@cordance.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:41 PM
To: 'Gabe Wachob'; 'OASIS XRI TC'

Ah, Gabe, I see, you’re talking about order of elements with the Service element. The order under the XRD element looks correct.

I agree that ProviderID should be the first child under the Service element. But in any case, what’s served up by the GRS should match the spec, so let’s figure out how to get it all lined up in this Committee Draft.

Les, what are your thoughts?

=Drummond