xri message

Subject: Minutes:Joint XRI & XDI TC Telecon 10AM PT Thursday 2007-12-13

Following are the minutes of a joint unofficial telecon of the XRI and XDI
TCs at:

Date:  Thursday, 13 December 2007 USA
Time:  10:00AM - 11:00PM Pacific Time

Event Description:
Weekly unofficial joint call of the XRI and XDI Technical Committees.

ATTENDING

Marty Schleiff
John Bradley
Gabe Wachob
Les Chasen
Wil Tan
Giovanni Bartolomeo
Drummond Reed
Markus Sabadello

AGENDA

1) INTERNET IDENTITY WORKSHOP RECAP

We recapped the following highlights from the Internet Identity Workshop in
Mountain View last week:

* Finalization of the OpenID 2.0 specifications, which include integration
of XRI and XRDS.
* Discussion of OAuth using XRDS for discovery (see below).
* A session on VRM (Vendor Relationship Management) which included a fairly
detailed explanation of how XDI and XDI link contracts would be used for
user-controlled authorization of data sharing.
* A session on XDI RDF and the X3 compact serialization syntax that was well
attended.
* Two sessions on a proposed new OASIS Open Reputation Management System
(ORMS) TC in the ID-Trust Member Section.

2) OAUTH DISCOVERY

The OAuth community (see http://oauth.net/) is now developing a discovery
protocol and proposing to use XRDS. Markus attended the session on this at
IIW. The first draft spec is at:

	http://oauth-specs.googlecode.com/svn/discovery/drafts/1/spec.html

This involves more extensive use of XRDS than OpenID currently makes, and it
also involves more OAuth-specific extension elements. However it still
involves only a subset of the full XRI Resolution spec. So there is a need
to create a "profile" of XRDS elements that will fulfill their use cases
while still being compatable with the full XRDS architecture. This profile
would not be specific to OAuth Discovery, but would work for most simplified
usages of XRDS.

Gabe, Markus, and Wil volunteered to assist the OAuth Discovery author Eran
Hammer-Lahav in creating such a profile to simplify his work.

3) HOLIDAY TELECON SCHEDULE

We discussed the timing of calls over the holidays. It was agreed that we
will hold our regularly scheduled telecon next Thursday, December 20, then
skip the call on Thursday, December 27, and resume our regular call schedule
on Thursday, January 3.