xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] LocalID and CanonicalID in openID blog post from today.

Markus, see [=Drummond] inline.

From: markus.sabadello@gmail.com [mailto:markus.sabadello@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Markus Sabadello
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 8:35 AM
To: John Bradley
Cc: XRI TC

Hmm cool post.. First text I read about actual applications of 2.0 resolution.

- I think according to the specification it's not really true that in XRI resolution you must always have a CanonicalID on the XRD level, but for the purpose of blogging about this topic it's probably better to say it the way you did :)

[=Drummond] You’re correct, CanonicalIDs are never required except if you want to do CanonicalID verification, in which case they must be in place through the whole resolution chain.

- Did you mean to say that CIDs are "non-reasonable" identifiers, or is that supposed to say "non-reassignable"?

[=Drummond] Yes, I think that’s what John meant.

- The idea of using the SEP LocalID for OpenID delegation is great.. I think right now implementations use <openid:Delegate>, but <LocalID> sounds much more reasonable.

[=Drummond] That’s actually the requirement in the OpenID Authentication 2.0 specification – they changed from openid:delegate to xrd:LocalID – see http://openid.net/specs/openid-authentication-2_0.html (search for LocalID).

- It would also be interesting to consider how EquivID and CanonicalIDEquiv would fit into this scenario.

[=Drummond] Agreed, but I’d be happy just seeing CanonicalIDs handled correctly ;-)

=Drummond