xri message

Subject: RE: XRI Resolution v2.0 CD 02 RV 03

Eran,

Thanks so much for the eagle-eyed work. You found a whole spat of typos --
and worse, several ommissions in the RNC schema that we had missed.

Gabe is doing an update right now for Revision 04.

See my other responses inline.

No problem -- again, thanks for the help.

> 4.
>
> No such document: http://docs.oasis-open.org/xri/2.0/specs/cd03/xrd.rnc. I
> only used the RelaxNG schema from the appendix for verification.

Sorry, that's because I changed the link in anticipation of the final files
being placed at this location after the vote -- they aren't there yet.

> 4.2.1
>
> In xrd:XRD element idref attribute xrd:XRDS should ne xrds:XRDS.

Good catch. Fixed.

> Not sure what would attributes match and select mean in this context since
> the schema is using the same definition. Maybe add a line saying they are
> undefined at this level (XRD) or explicitly disallow (which will make the
> schema more complicated).

The TC talked this over. Here's the deal: the RNC will allow us to define a
different pattern for the Type element when used in the context of the XRD
element. Gabe is making that change as we speak. The XSD does not have the
ability to express that. Thankfully the RNC is normative. So our conclusion
was to make the change in the RNC, then add the warning to the XSD (we
already have one other similar warning in there), since the XSD is not
normative.

> xrd:XRD:xrdServerStatus should be xrd:XRD/xrd:ServerStatus.

Fixed.

> ServerStatus schema should be changed not to include cid and ceid (there
> is almost no benefit of saying their are identical).

Agreed. Fixed.

> Redirect does not include the append attribute (not in schema).

Man, you are GOOD. That was an ommission in the RNC. Gabe is fixing it.

> 4.2.4
>
> URI append attribute should have a bullet.

Sorry, I missed that one. Fixed.

> I'm in Israel and will not be able to join the call. I will check my email
> later today if you have any questions. You can also call my cell 973-954-
> 6273 just remember I have 10 hours ahead of the west coast.

No worries, thank you again for catching all these with your careful
proofing. We have consensus on everything else, so I'll be putting out CD02
Revision 04 tonight and opening the vote.

=Drummond