xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 10-11AM PT Thursday 2008-03-06

Following is the agenda for the unofficial telecon of the XRI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 06 March 2008 USA
Time:  10:00AM - 11:00PM Pacific Time

Event Description:
Weekly unofficial telecon of the XRI Technical Committee.

ATTENDING

Les Chasen
John Bradley
Gabe Wachob
Drummond Reed
Nika Jones

REGRETS

Markus Sabadello
Bill Barnhill

1) COMPLETION OF XRI RESOLUTION 2.0 COMMITTEE DRAFT 03 VOTE

The vote closed Thursday night, with unanimous positive votes from all 18
voters (out of 21 voting members).

	http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xri/ballot.php?id=1428

Committee Draft 03 has now been submitted to Mary McRae for a second public
review (15 days).

2) SCHEDULE OF NEXT STEPS

Following is our updated schedule:

	Mar 12: Begin second public review (15 days)
	Mar 27: End second public review
	Apr 3: End seven day waiting period
	***APR 4: POST ALL STATEMENTS OF USE***
	Apr 4: Begin Committee Specification vote
	Apr 11: End Committee Specification vote
	Apr 14: Submit for OASIS Standard vote
	May 1: Begin OASIS Standard vote
	May 31: End OASIS Standard vote

3) STATEMENTS OF USE

To prepare for the OASIS Standard vote, we need TC members to prepare
Statements of Use. Per the OASIS TC Process document:

	"Statement of Use", with respect to a specification, is a written
statement by an OASIS Organizational Member stating that it is successfully
using or implementing that specification in accordance with the conformance
clauses specified in Section 2.18*, and stating whether its use included the
interoperation of multiple independent implementations.

Again, due to our tight schedule, we want to have these prepared and
submitted by the time we hold our Committee Specification vote.

# DRUMMOND to confirm who at each organization can issue a Statement of Use
and forward an example to the list.

# LES to take point for NeuStar.

# JOHN to take point for XDI.org

# DRUMMOND to take point for Cordance.

# VICTOR to take point for PlaNetwork.

4) W3C COMMENT RESPONSE UPDATE

Gabe forwarded a copy of the W3C TAG response to the TC, together with their
reply that they had received it.

5) REPORT ON PRESENTATION AT IDTRUST SYMPOSIUM

Drummond report that there was a very good reception to the presentation he
and Les gave at the IDtrust Symposium in Maryland on Tuesday, 3/4.

http://middleware.internet2.edu/idtrust/2008/slides/01-reed-openid-xri-xrds.
ppt

This presentation covered the following paper authored by Drummond, Les, and
Wil:

http://middleware.internet2.edu/idtrust/2008/papers/01-reed-openid-xri-xrds.
pdf

Drummond said audience awareness of XRI was higher than he and Les expected
(~45%), and in fact only slightly lagged OpenID awareness (~55%).

6) PLANNING FOR OASIS Standard VOTE

At the IDtrust Symposium, Drummond and Les were able to have extended
conversations with OASIS staff and IDtrust Member Section Steering Committee
members about planning for the upcoming OASIS Standard vote. They are very
enthusiastic about it, and counseled us to prepare to really "get out the
vote", including holding a webinar on XRI and XRDS in April.

Following are the major steps preparation steps we need to take:

* Update the XRI 2.0 FAQ
* Write an XRI 2.0 white paper (5-6 pages)
* Prepare an XRI 2.0 presentation
* Hold a webinar

# DRUMMOND to schedule discussion of these topics for next week.

# DRUMMOND to send a note to Dee Schur about setting up the Webinar. (DONE)