xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 10-11AM PT Thursday 2008-03-20

Following are the minutes for the unofficial telecon of the XRI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 20 March 2008 USA
Time:  10:00AM - 11:00PM Pacific Time

Event Description:
Weekly unofficial telecon of the XRI Technical Committee.

TO ACCESS THE AUDIO CONFERENCE:
    Dial In Number: 571-434-5750
    Conference ID: 5474

ATTENDING

Nika Jones
Markus Sabadello
Drummond Reed
Les Chasen
Marty Schleiff
Gabe Wachob

1) SCHEDULE UPDATE

	Mar 26: End second public review of XRI Resolution 2.0
	Apr 3: End seven day waiting period
	***APR 3: POST ALL STATEMENTS OF USE***
	Apr 4: Begin Committee Specification vote
	Apr 11: End Committee Specification vote
	Apr 14: Submit for OASIS Standard vote
	May 1: Begin OASIS Standard vote
	May 6 (Noon ET): OASIS Webinar on XRI 2.0
	May 31: End OASIS Standard vote

2) STATEMENTS OF USE

Two have been submitted (PlaNetwork and XDI.org). A template was posted at:

	http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200803/msg00023.html

# LES to complete one for NeuStar.
# DRUMMOND to complete one for Cordance.

3) XRI 2.0 KEY MESSAGES

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/XriTwoCoreMessages

We reworked the overall positioning statement as indicated on the updated
wiki page.

Markus suggested that in addition to discoverability, we mention key
features of XRI syntax including:
 - Inherent structure
 - Delegation
 - Cross-references
 - Synonyms

Marty suggested that we include info about why would you want an XRI as a
user:
 * Mention the availability of both business and personal providers
 * SSO, privacy
 * Portability - especially important with digital identity systems

Les suggested that we cover the privacy aspects and how XRI allows you to
keep "bits of yourself" in mutltiple places, e.g., can have a profile in one
location, phone service in another, and no one can put all of it.

Markus also suggested we point out the open source implementations -
OpenXRI, Barx, PHP

Gabe suggested that we clearly explain the IPR background as well as the
relationship of the specifications to XRI registries.

4) XRI 2.0 DOCUMENTS NEXT STEPS

We discussed next steps for:

* Revising XRI 2.0 FAQ
* XRI 2.0 presentation
* XRI 2.0 white paper

It was agreed to use the wiki for evovling these documents.

# DRUMMOND and NIKA to propose an outline for the XRI 2.0 presentation using
the following wiki page:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/XriTwoPresentation

5) XRI WEBINAR

# DRUMMOND to send Dee Schur a note that we are still confirming the
presenters.