xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 10-11AM PT Thursday 2008-03-27

Following are the minutes for the unofficial telecon of the XRI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 27 March 2008 USA
Time:  10:00AM - 11:00PM Pacific Time

TO ACCESS THE AUDIO CONFERENCE:
    Dial In Number: 571-434-5750
    Conference ID: 5474

ATTENDING

John Bradley
Gabe Wachob
Drummond Reed
Les Chasen

REGRETS

Markus Sabadello
Nika Jones

1) SCHEDULE UPDATE

	Apr 3: End seven day waiting period
	***APR 3: POST ALL STATEMENTS OF USE***
	Apr 4: Begin Committee Specification vote
	Apr 11: End Committee Specification vote
	Apr 14: Submit for OASIS Standard vote
	May 1: Begin OASIS Standard vote
	May 6 (Noon ET): OASIS Webinar on XRI 2.0
	May 31: End OASIS Standard vote

The second public review is complete. We now need to wait a week before
holding a Committee Specification vote.

2) PROCESSING OF COMMENTS

We received only one comment, which was not related to the substance of the
XRI Resolution 2.0 spec, however it still needs to be processed per the
OASIS requirements.

# DRUMMOND to check with Mary about disposition of comments for both the
first and second public reviews.

3) STATEMENTS OF USE

Les is about to submit one for NeuStar. Examples posted at:

	http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200803/msg00023.html

4) XRDS-SIMPLE

Eran Hammer-Lahav has posted Draft 1 of his XRDS-Simple spec -- an
independent open community profile of XRDS:

	http://xrds-simple.net/core/1.0/

5) XRI 2.0 KEY MESSAGES

The main topic of the call was review of the proposed outline/key points
of the XRI 2.0 presention posted on the wiki at:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/XriTwoPresentation

The general consensus is that despite all the technical merits of XRI and
XRDS, what will really matter most to this audience is who is using it and
why. So we need to concentrate our message on that part of the story.

6) NEXT STEPS ON XRI 2.0 EVANGELISM MATERIALS

We assigned the following action items:

# DRUMMOND to do a first draft of the presention.

# NIKA to propose an outline of the white paper on the wiki.

# LES & JOHN will take point on revision of the FAQ.

# DRUMMOND to request an OASIS staff person to join us on the next call to
give us details about how to most easily submit an update to the FAQ.

# DRUMMOND to check with Marty and then confirm with Dee Schur about who
will be presenting for the webinar.