xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 10-11AM PT Thursday 2008-05-08

[My apologies for sending an unfinished copy of these minutes earlier -- I
hit the Send button instead of the Save button ;-) =Drummond]

Following are the minutes for the unofficial telecon of the XRI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 08 May 2008 USA
Time:  10:00AM - 11:00PM Pacific Time

ATTENDING

Gabe Wachob
John Bradley
Nika Jones
Drummond Reed
Les Chasen

REGRETS

Markus Sabadello
Marty Schleiff

AGENDA

1) WEBINAR RECAP

Tuesday's webinar had 154 registrants and a peak of 90 attendees - almost a
record for OASIS webinars. Several attendees have written in asking for more
information, and Dee has been contacted with requests to download the
recording.

2) REVIEW UPDATED XRI 2.0 FAQ

Drummond pointed out the updated FAQ:

	http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xri/faq.php

3) WIKIPEDIA XRDS PAGE

We finally have a Wikipedia article on XRDS to accompany the one we've had
for the last several years on XRI:

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XRDS

4) WHITE PAPER

Nika is going to finish and post a copy of the white paper he's been
preparing based on the webinar presentation.

# NIKA to post to Kavi.
# ALL to review and post feedback to the list.

5) OASIS STANDARD VOTE PREP

We discussed preparations for the formal voting that begins May 15. Mostly
this is preparing to email the voting reps and follow up with selected
telephone calls.

# GABE AND DRUMMOND to talk to Dee Schur at Internet Identity Workshop about
the most effective approach for doing this.

6) XRI SESSIONS AT INTERNET IDENTITY WORKSHOP

Marty was not able to attend but suggested that we discuss proposed sessions
at Internet Identity Workshop next week. The list we made was:

* Intro to XRI 2.0 (based on the webinar we just gave)
* Practical Uses of XRI, i.e., when and how to use an abstract identifier.
* XRDS Best Practices (already listed on the Internet Identity Workshop wiki
at http://iiw.idcommons.net/index.php/Proposed_Topics_2008a).
* XRDS Service Type Registry/Directory

7) NEXT CALL AND SPECIAL CALL

Due to Internet Identity Workshop, we will NOT hold a telecon next week.
Several TC members also have a conflict the following week. We may hold the
telecon a different day that week. However we agreed to fix a telecon
Tuesday, May 27th, at 10AM, to discuss the final push on the OASIS Standard
vote.

# DRUMMOND to schedule this special telecon Tuesday 27 May 10-11AM PT.