xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Replacing me as TC Co-chair

John,

By my understanding, it’s pretty straightforward – any TC member can nominate any other TC member for the co-chair position. If the nominated member accepts, their name is placed on the ballot. Once the ballot is ready, the TC votes (via an online 7-day ballot), and the nominee(s) with the most votes become the new co-chair(s).

If we have a set of accepted nominations by next’s Thursday telecon, I see no reason why we can’t start the ballot then – if any TC member thinks the nomination process should take longer than another week, let us know by replying to this email.

I’m cc’ing TC Administrator Mary McRae so she can add her usual clarifications, caveats and insights as “oracle of TC policies” ;-)

=Drummond

From: John Bradley [mailto:jbradley@mac.com]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 12:49 PM
To: Drummond Reed
Cc: 'Gabriel Wachob'; 'XRI TC'

Drummond,

Andy and I had dinner with Gabe last night.

He has expressed an interest in expediting the process of replacing him as co-chair.

What is the process that we need to follow to open nominations for the co-chair?

I have encouraged Gabe to continue with the XRI-TC after his departure as co-chair.  We all highly value his contributions.

I think we should honor his request and get on with the process.

I have someone I intend to nominate once that is appropriate,  no not me:)

Thanks

=jbradley