xri message

Subject: Agenda: XRI TC Telecon 8-9AM PT Thursday 2008-06-19

[IMPORTANT: NOTE THE NEW TIME OF THIS WEEK'S TELECON - 8AM PACIFIC]

Following is the agenda for the unofficial telecon of the XRI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 19 June 2008 USA
Time:  8:00AM - 9:00PM Pacific Time

TO ACCESS THE AUDIO CONFERENCE:
    Dial In Number: 571-434-5750
    Conference ID: 5474

AGENDA

1) THANK YOU TO GABE AND WELCOME TO PETER AS NEW CO-CHAIR

The election is not officially over until Thursday afternoon but effectively
it is as Peter has received 15 positive votes.

2) UPDATE ON COMMUNICATIONS RE THE XRI VOTE

The OASIS News carried a short article on the results of the vote and
Drummond & Gabe sent a thank you to all voters.

3) WIKIPEDIA PAGE ON XRI

We will check again with Jamie Clark (if available) RE progress on updating
the licensing statements on the XRI page on Wikipedia.

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XRI
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Extensible_Resource_Identifier

4) COMMUNICATIONS WITH W3C TAG

The TAG sent a message to Drummond and Gabe proposing next steps. Peter and
Drummond have sent an initial response. We will discuss the best way to
proceed.

5) NON-NORMATIVE DELIVERABLE RE ESSENTIAL DIFFERENCES OF XRI

A key component of discussions with the W3C TAG will be the essential
differences of XRI with respect to: a) http(s) URIs, b) URNs, and c) other
URI schemes. Some OASIS voters also suggested the TC publish a non-normative
document on this subject in our next round of specs. We'll discuss these
differences and how we want to proceed with this new deliverable.