xri message

Subject: PILIN docs and Abstract Identifier Architecture paper

Nick,

Thank you very much for posting these documents from PILIN. I have read them
all, and I think they contribute a great deal to our overall understanding
of abstract and concrete identifiers in general, and to key points in our
discussions about these topics with the W3C TAG in particular.

If TC members do not have time to review all four, I recommend the PILIN
Identifier Summary as a starting point. The public link is:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/29428/PILIN%20identifiersu
mmary.doc

Nick, can I invite you, as you have time, to comment on how you think this
might/should impact our Abstract Identifier Architecture page, which as you
know is a collaborative work-in-progress that we plan to turn into a short
paper explaining the motivations behind abstract identifier infrastructure
in general and XRI in particular.

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/AbstractIdentifierArchitecture

We're evolving this to reflect our dialog with the W3C TAG, so the end
result is something we can point to to explain how abstract identifiers and
XRI architecture fits with Web architecture as well as with non-Web
information technologies.

Thanks,

=Drummond