xri message

Subject: Agenda: XRI TC Telecon 8-9AM PT Thursday 2008-10-16

Following is the agenda for the unofficial telecon of the XRI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 16 October 2008 USA
Time:  8:00AM - 9:00AM Pacific Time

TO ACCESS THE AUDIO CONFERENCE:
    Dial In Number: 571-434-5750
    Conference ID: 5474

AGENDA

1) REVIEW OF XRI-AS-RELATIVE-URI PROPOSAL

We have had excellent feedback on the list of the first draft
XRI-as-relative-URI proposal:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriAsRelativeUri

Our main topic for the call (which will almost certainly take the entire
hour) will be to review each key item of feedback and discuss how each
should be integrated into the writeup before we begin posting emails to the
W3C TAG mailing list about it.

Following is a list of points made on the list to go over on our review:

* Should we list examples of bindings to other protocols? (Nika)

* Should we mention the requirement for applications to be able to
recognize/parse different bindings? (John)

* Should we provide more detail about how the bindings work and how they
will scale, e.g., how the algorithm for example.com.xri.net will resolve?
(Les, John)

* Are there any issues with running authority servers or proxy servers at
URIs which do NOT conform to the binding (Les)

* Should we define any parsing/recognition rules for pure XRIs that do not
use any binding? (Les, Drummond)

* Should we still define an "xri:" binding if no other binding is
appropriate? (Les)

* Is version compatability necessary in the bindings? (Nika)

* Should version compatability use a version parameter? (Bill)

* Should we be clear that XRI resolution is not limited to the http(s)
bindings? (Bill)

We'll also discuss any other changes that should be made to the wiki page,
and how we'll proceed with W3C TAG mailing list discussion over the next
week.