xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 8-9AM PT Thursday 2008-10-30

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XRI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 30 October 2008 USA
Time:  8:00AM - 9:00AM Pacific Time

ATTENDING

Les Chasen
Markus Sabadello
John Bradley
Drummond Reed
Peter Davis
Nika Jones

AGENDA

1) SUMMARY OF W3C TAG MAILING LIST DISCUSSION

The discussion so far seems to be very encouraging.

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriAsRelativeUri
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/

Our hope is that by next week's telecon, any other TAG members or TAG list
members will have contributed any additional feedback.

2) INFO: SCHEME

In the W3C TAG discussion, Ray Denenberg suggested that XRIs should have a
binding to the info: scheme.

	http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4452.txt

After reviewing the RFC, there was consensus that this appears to be one of
the bindings that should be supported.

# DRUMMOND to add info: to the scheme list.

3) XRDS/XRD DISCOVERY

Eran Hammer-Lahav was not able to attend the call - this agenda item will be
moved to next week.

4) F2F MEETING PLANNING

The consensus was that we should focus our agenda on Thursday, Nov. 13th,
leaving only spillover items for Friday morning the 14th. That way we can
leverage the time of those who can only attend for one day.

We will also hold XRI-related sessions at Internet Identity Workshop:

	http://iiw.idcommons.net/Iiw2008b

As of today it appears the following will be able to attend in person:

Nika
Victor
John
Markus
Drummond
Peter
Marty
Nat
Paul

We don't know yet about Eran. Les can attend by telecon. Any other TC member
is of course welcome to attend via telecon.

We will use any spare time (after the XRD topic) on next week's telecon to
prepare the agenda.

# DRUMMOND to propose an initial agenda via a wiki page.

5) TERMINOLOGY

Nika suggested that we have to develop more refined terminology to describe
XRIs and their various forms under the XRI-as-relative-URI proposal. We
discussed the following set of terms:

* Native XRI - the pure XRI absent any scheme binding
* UXRI or URI XRI - an XRI with a URI scheme binding
* IXRI - an XRI with an IRI scheme binding

Both UXRI and XRI further segment into specific scheme bindings such as
http-XRI, https-XRI, etc. as currently defined on
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriAsRelativeUri.

# NIKA to start a XriThreeTerminology page that we can use for harmonizing
terminology.