xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Agenda: XRI TC Telecon 2-3PM PT Thursday 2008-11-20

I agree with Nat.

It would not make sense to go back a version.

Bob Morgan has pointed out that having $ in the authority segment may
cause problems for some XML parsers,  echoing Dave Orchards comments.

We could choose to convert to the new relative XRI format.
<XRD version="3.0" xmlns="http://xri.net/$xrd*($v*3.0)">

We had a discussion last Friday on $ words in syntax and if there
meaning is local to the protocol that is using the XRI as the above
uses XDI versioning syntax.

Before we consider the above, we need to have a clear understanding of
what $ words mean to a XRI resolver,
Is the above simply a two subsegment XRI with $xrd as the first
subsegment and *($v*3.0) as the second?
In the proposed change for GCS delimiters is this changing to a thee
subsegment XRI  $xrd , $v , and *3.0  ?

We need to move faster on XRD at least than it may take us to be 100%
on those issues and what exactly a XRD for a namespace should contain.

I am prone to caution at the moment and am leaning towards a simple
namespace like

<XRD version="3.0" xmlns="http://oasis-open.org/xri/xrd/3.0";>

Yes the former may have advantages once everything is sorted but I
don't want XRD to be held up by XRI syntax and resolution.

John B.