xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] RE: Version identifier for XRD spec

So, to sum it up, there has been several information points/resonings
available around versions:

(1) Since it is a new spec, it shoud start from 1.0. Otherwise people
start looking for 1.0.
(2) Since there is <XRD version="2.0" xmlns="xri://$xrd*($v*2.0)"> in
XRDS right now.
      using 1.0 may confuse people. Perhaps we should use 3.0.
(3) However, if version attribute goes away, this is of less concern.
      Version of the schema can be represented in xmlns, and it will be
a new
      http based version string possibly starting from 1.0 or dates in
W3C style.
      Besides, schema version and spec version can be separate.
(4) OASIS rule mandates the specs to be versioned numerically.

I have a couple of questions at this point.

[Q1] Is the OASIS versioning rule on the spec also applicable to the
schema contained in the spec?
[Q2] Is there a case where we want to preserve "version" attribute
separate from the schema version?
   e.g., when verification rule is changed etc., should it always
require the schema version change as well?

If the answer to [Q1] is no, then we can use date based name space in
<XRD ... > and cause
less confusion even if we adopt XRD 1.0. If the answer is "Yes", then I
would be more inclined to "3.0".

For [Q2], I am yet to come up with a case. If any of you could think of
it, please let me know.

=nat