xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Planning for XRD 1.0

Eran,

Outstanding email - lots of great stuff in here, in fact too much to try to
address in one reply. Some overall feedback:

1) I like the idea you raise at the end about "publishing the entire
proposed solution for locating a resource descriptor as an IETF I-D". The
larger the audience that we can gain input from/consensus with, the better.

2) You provide a good list of open issues, but I don't yet have a clear
sense of:

	- Which of these open issues should be tackled by XRI TC
input/discussion vs. which ones are larger cross-body "coordination" issues.
(Example: DNS proposals.)

	- For those issues which the XRI TC can tackle (such as URI template
vocabulary for replacing the current URI "append" attribute), what's the
priority, and how would you like to proceed with discussion?

Suggestions on both scores:

A) First, parse out the open issues onto the issues list of the XRD 1.0 spec
home page I created today (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XrdOne/SpecHome)
and link to proposal pages as needed. It's a simple manual approach to
issues management, but it should work until OASIS gets Jira set up for us.
To make it easy for you I already did this for the two open issues you
explicitly labelled in your email and created proposal pages for each:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XrdOne/LinkHeader
	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XrdOne/UriMapping

I just copied the text and links from your email.

B) Start email threads on individual open issues as needed to advance
discussion on the mailing list(s). Our best practice has been to use the
issue # and name from the issues list on the spec home page as the email
subject line so it's easy to find threads from the email discussions to
update the wiki pages. For example, you could use the Subject lines:

	XRD 1.0 #1: Link Header
	XRD 1.0 #2: URI Mapping

Hope this helps,

=Drummond