xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 2-3PM PT Thursday 2008-12-04

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XRI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 20 November 2008 USA
Time:  2:00PM - 3:00PM Pacific Time (22:00-23:00 UTC)

ATTENDING

Nat Sakimura
Tatsuki Sakushima
Eran Hammer-Lahav
John Bradley
Markus Sabadello
Peter Davis
Bob Morgan
Mike Mell
Drummond Reed
Brian Eaton
Dirk Balfanz
Breno de Medeiros
Nick Nicholas

AGENDA

1) INTRODUCTIONS OF NEW TC MEMBERS

Dirk, Brian, and Breno introduced themselves as part of Google's OpenID and
OAuth teams.

2) TC MEMBERSHIP UPDATE

Drummond reported that the TC chairs are still working intensively with
OASIS staff to help a number of other people interested in joining the TC.

3) SCHEDULING OF SECOND WEEKLY TELECON

Per the Doodle poll...

	http://doodle.com/participation.html?pollId=qfihv7digskebdfh

...we settled on doing a Monday telecon from 8-9AM PT (16:00-17:00 UTC). The
first one will be next Monday December 8.

4) SPEC HOME PAGES

The TC wiki front page has been updated and we now have home pages for the
XRI 3.0 and XRD 1.0 specs.

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/FrontPage

5) PROPOSED EDITOR'S TELECON WITH MARY MCRAE

Drummond explained he wants to set up a telecon between spec editors and TC
Admin Mary McRae to consolidate questions about templates, frontmatter,
conformance sections, etc.

# DRUMMOND to arrange this call in the next two weeks.

6) XRD 1.0

	A) STATUS REPORT ON BUILDING BLOCKS

Eran explained the current state of the major elements and their
dependencies:

- Link Element: this is already standardized.

- Link Header: this is in progress in IETF but there is not consensus yet so
it is likely to be a few more months.

- DNS proposals: none on the table yet, though Peter said he may put a
proposal together in the next few weeks. Brian said that Ben Laurie is also
interested in it. Peter said he would reach out to Ben to discuss it.

- /site-meta: this is very actively in discussion. Currently going in
several directions. Eran's guess right now is that the spec will allow
resource mapping but not specify it, so that may have to be spec'd in XRD.

Eran also said he think's it's not likely we'll be using any standard
template format as nothing is winning yet. We should probably go with as
simple and basic an option as we can find.

	B) OVERVIEW OF THE TRUST PROPOSAL

Brian provided an overview of the initial high-level proposal he posted on
the wiki:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XrdOne/TrustWorkflow

Discussion included:

- How to sign the individual XRDs or other references (Brian is leaning
towards a detached signature approach)

- How to chain references

- Peter discussed the SAML Simple Sign proposal

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/30234/sst
c-saml-binding-simplesign-cd-04.pdf

- Dirk mentioned that there is a Discovery working group organizing with
OpenID; if it comes together then close coordination would be highly
desirable.

7) XRI 3.0

We ran out of time, so it was agreed we will schedule a special telecon on
the XRI 3.0 syntax topics below via the mailing list, probably for Tuesday
afternoon next week (see below).

		http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriThree/GcsDelimiter
		http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriThree/XrefDelimiter
		http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriThree/XrefWalkthrough

# DRUMMOND to schedule a special call.

8) NEXT CALL(S)

The next regular telecon will be the new Monday telecon at 8-9AM PT
(16:00-17:00 UTC) starting next Monday December 8.

A special telecon on XRI 3.0 syntax will be set up for Tuesday December 9
(probably 2-3PM PT, 22:00-23:00 UTC).