xri message

Subject: RE: Delegation (was: trusted discovery workflow)

What would be the real world use case for limited delegation powers?

The way I see it, we have two mechanisms that in practice translate to 'delegation':

The <XRD:Ref> element voids anything else within the XRD and basically points to another entity to provide the full resource descriptor. An open question for me is what is <Ref> pointing to? Another resource or another XRD?

The <XRD:Service> element is in many cases (such as OpenID) a service-specific delegation of some control.

EHL