xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] SimpleSign for estabilishing the authenticity of XRD.

The XRI resolver produces a XRD Sequence as its output that XML document contains the chain of XRD documents resolved.

The client can then verify the signatures of each of the XRDs contained in the XRDS.

The last XRD in the XRDS is the one with the SEPs that you are interested in.   The other XRDs in the XRDS provide the audit info for the client to verify.

This is particularly important where you are doing XRI resolution through a proxy resolver that you may or may not trust.

The concept of producing a XRD Sequence is not unlike what you are talking about with delegation.

A XRDS containing all the XRD that the resolver processed could be returned to the requester for it to audit and verify the signatures or at-least the delegation chain.

=jbradley