xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] SimpleSign for estabilishing the authenticity of XRD.

I agree gzip would be more trouble than its worth.  Let HTTP content compression deal with it.  Double compression will probably make it larger.

=jbradley
On 11-Dec-08, at 10:17 PM, Brian Eaton wrote:

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Sakimura Nat <n-sakimura@nri.co.jp> wrote:
So in the TC call, there was a mention that you are quite close to being in agreement.
Are you settling down to thie algorithm #4 (2.4 in the wiki)?

I have still got a feeling that 2.2 way of doing it might not be that hard, and trying to figure them out
in various languages, but yes, 2.4 is bullet proof, though the size of the document gets more than
dobuled. (Perhaps we can gzip the string to make it slightly better.)

gzip in the doc itself won't save much given that we can already use
HTTP content compression.  User-agent and library support is
excellent.