xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Pre-draft of "HTTP-based Resource Descriptor Discovery"

Awesome! Thanks Drummond. The current draft is almost twice as long after a day of revisions. I just need to add an example at the top of the spec and it should be ready for publication. I also added a straw man for the DNS declaration idea and noted some open questions.

Link-header only provides the header format. I extended the section to provide a step by step instruction. When you see the next version, let me know if this is still an issue.

> 7.3 Fourth/Fifth Paras: - I think I know what you are trying to say
> here but
> these paras are not enough to communicate a really hard concept --
> which is
> actually quite a critical one for implementers. I personally think this
> point requires a longer explanation and at least one example and thus
> should
> get its own subsection called something like "7.3.1 Abstract Site Vs.
> Concrete Root Resource Description".

I would like to add this to the Site-Meta spec in some form to clarify it (so that people will not assume Site-Meta is the same as root resource links). I already completely changed this section so let me know what you think when you review again.

EHL