xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] RDF predicate for Disco

Joesph,

At a high level, it seems that XML document schemas that either natively
include a Link element that meets the criteria defined in Eran's spec or
that are extensible so they can include a Link element that conforms to
Eran's spec should be able to support this type of disco. However it seems
like it would be hard for non-extensible XML formats, or non-XML formats, to
use this definition of a Link Element directly as defined. The underlying
graph pattern and semantics could be replicated, but the actual syntax might
have to be different.

However it doesn't seem like we actually need to worry about how _we_ would
"extend disco to allow future document formats that want to have internal
links for rel="describedby" that could be used for discovery". It seems like
that's the job of those future document formats.

=Drummond