xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] SSSS, /site-meta, and HTTP-based Resource Descriptor Discovery

Nat,

I didn't respond to this email right away because I wasn't quite sure what
you were asking. In re-reading it, I think the answers to your questions
are, "Yes". The examples look right to me.

With SSSS (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriThree/SuperSimpleSepSelection),
I agree that XRI 3.0 resolution should specify either $xrd (+xrd may also
work, but specs can only specify $ XRIs) as the type for XRDs that can be
used to select them.

Also, last week, after reading HRDD draft 00 closely, I sent Eran an email
asking him something similar, i.e., can't we (the XRI TC) specify that sites
can use /site-meta to designate their own base URI for XRI resolution
services? In other words, instead of http://xri.net, or http://*.xri.net,
having to be the base URI for all XRIs, a site like http://example.com could
declare that the base URI for its XRI resolution services was
http://xri.example.com using the following /site-meta entry:

<metadata>
rel="http://oasis-open.org/xri/xri-base"/>
</metadata>

Of course, if we registered xri-base with IANA as a rel-type, we could
shorten it to:

<metadata>
</metadata>

Thoughts?