xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] SSSS, /site-meta, and HTTP-based Resource Descriptor Discovery

Good point, Eran - I didn't provide sufficient context. I meant an app that
dealt natively with XRIs -- for example an XDI dictionary validator, that
needs to apply the URI scheme binding in order to turn the XRI into an
absolute URI (for example, to resolve it). Currently the proposal is to
define one default binding - to http://xri.net (or https://xri.net) -- or,
for scale, to any of its subdomains (see the details at
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriAsRelativeUri).

But if we want to let any site declare its own base URI for XRI resolution -
so apps that trust that site can dynamically bind XRIs to the base URI
published by that site -- the site's /site-meta file looks like a good way
to discover and verify this base URI.

=Drummond