xri message

Subject: <Rel> & <ResourceType> (was Proposed XRD schema)

+1 to Brian's point below. However his example raises one question that I
hadn't realized the importance of before.

Eran, in the context of a <Link> element, can you concisely explain
difference between <Rel> and <ResourceType>?

I worry that future XRD consuming application developers are going to become
confused as to when they should be looking for a <Rel> and when they should
be looking for a <ResourceType> and when for both.

I ask partly because the predecessor XRDS format only had a <Type> element,
and that seemed to do the job for everything, so I expect lots of questions
about why it was expanded into two elements. I'm cool with it if we have a
good, clean explanation which translates into clear best practices advice,
so that's why I'm asking.

=Drummond