xri message

Subject: Feedback on

Eran, Mark: here is my feedback (however slight) on:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nottingham-site-meta-01.txt

A) Section 3.1

      When the link URI is relative, its base URI is the root resource
      of the authority.  For example, in the example above, if the
      authority is "example.com", the full link URI would be
      "http://example.com/me";.

First, the "example above" in section 3.1 does not appear to be the "/me"
example. Second, the word "example" is overused in this sentence. Maybe,
"For instance..."

B) Am I brain-dead, or did the URI templates feature disappear? Wasn't that
in earlier drafts?

C) Overall, I like very much the way this specification now aligns with the
Link Header specification
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-04.tx
t). In fact the alignment is becoming so close that it would seem to make
sense to reference that spec.

D) On that note, my final suggestion is with regard to the name: you went
from /site-meta to /host-meta, but given the alignment with the terminology
of Link Header, wouldn't /context-meta be most appropriate? This also aligns
with the use of the term "context" in the Higgins Project (which spent
several years evolving terminology relative to data abstraction) and the
OASIS XDI TC.

Hope this helps,

=Drummond