xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] questions about LRDD / OpenID

Thanks for the answers Will.. I think it would be very useful to write a generic LRDD library which you can feed a URI, and it will give you back all Links, and you don't have to care whether they come from a <LINK> element, a Link: header, a /host-meta file or an XRD. That library can then be used by OpenID, oAuth, etc. And then you don't have to ask the question "Does OpenID/oAuth/etc support the specific LRDD feature X?"

I'm just wondering if there isn't too much "It's application specific" in LRDD to be able to write such a generic library.

Markus