xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 2-3PM PT Thursday 2009-03-26

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XRI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 26 March 2009 USA
Time:  2:00PM - 3:00PM Pacific Time (22:00-23:00 UTC)

ATTENDING

Will Norris
John Bradley
Nick Nicholas
Markus Sabadello
Drummond Reed

REGRETS

Eran Hammer-Lahav

1) XRD 1.0 - LINK HEADER/HOST META/LRDD

	http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-http-link-header
	http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-site-meta
	http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hammer-discovery

Eran was not able to attend so we skipped this.

2) XRD 1.0 - SCHEMA

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XrdOne/XrdSchema

Our main topic was review the two open issues listed at the bottom of
the page, which dealt with the names for two link child elements (going into
this conversation, the proposed names were <XRD:Link:Object> and
<XRD:Link:MapSubjectTo>).

John, Will, and Drummond had a long conversation about this. For both
elements, there was clear agreement on the requirements, as noted on the
wiki. The challenge was in coming up with short, clear element names that
clearly communicate the correct semantics.

The final result of the discussion was to call the first element
<XRD:Link:LinkSubject>. No decision was made about the second.

UPDATE: Subsequent to the telecon, Drummond did more work on this semantic
puzzle and found a combination of terms that seem to: a) capture the
semantics precisely for both elements, and b) be consistent with the
semantics of other XRD 1.0 element names. The proposed names are:

	<XRD:Link:TargetSubject>
	<XRD:Link:SourceAlias>

# DRUMMOND to send an email to the list explaining these proposals.

3) WORKING DRAFT SPEC TIMING

There was consensus that we want to post complete OASIS Working Drafts of
all proposed XRI 3.0 and XRD 1.0 specs before IIW.

4) F2F FOLLOWING INTERNET IDENTITY WORKSHOP

There was also consensus that we want to hold a one-day F2F on May 21, the
Thursday after IIW (which is May 18-20 in Mountain View):

	http://www.internetidentityworkshop.com/

So far Eran, Will, and Drummond have confirmed they will attend. John and
Markus will attend if they are able to make it to IIW.

5) NEXT CALL

Regular time, Thursday 4/2, 2-3PM PT (21:00-22:00 UTC).