xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] FW: [link draft] Changing the model for links

I think at most, the link spec will call out the existing deployment of
alternate with a few other rels and deprecate this practice. If anyone wants
to create combinations, they should just define new rel types. Even media
types based on +xml or +json still needs to be individually registered, so
that is the common practice here.

Since <Rel> does not old multiple values, we do not have a way to express
this combination in XRD anyway. Separate <Rel>s are semantically equivalent
to:

Link: <a>; rel="a"; rel="b"

Which does not fall under the HTML4 issue.

So for us it is simply a matter of not being able to express this use case
(which is a good thing).

EHL