xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] XML DSig on Google AppEngine Python?

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your reply.

On Python side, it looks like it needs to be pure Python.
I looked briefly for the XML DSig library on GAE/Python, but I could not find it.
This means that I probably would have to write XML Dsig module using PyCrypto GAE version.

On Java side, it looks like you can bring in Java 6 classes, so I presumed that you can use XML DSig by bringing it in.

=nat
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:37 PM
Cc: XRI TC

2009/6/10 Nat Sakimura <n-sakimura@nri.co.jp>
Hi Breno, Brian, Dirk,

I have a question about GAE.

Skimming through GAE documentation, Java side seem to support XML DSig.
I am not so sure about the Python side. I was going to dig myself but I am running out of time,
so I appreciate your insight.

Does it support XML DSig on Python?

I have no idea. As far as I can tell, it's actually easier to use all sorts of libraries on the python side than it is on the Java side (because there are a number of classes that are not available on Java GAE). So if you have a python library that can do it, chances are it'll work on GAE.

What do you mean by Java GAE "supporting" XML DSig?

Dirk.

Regards,

=nat