xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Performance of XRI DSig

Nat Sakimura wrote on 2009-06-11:
> Bad news is that the guy who did this testing told me that
> when he used Java 5 with Apache library, the performance was
> eight times slower. If that is true, it would be an issue.

Java *uses* the Apache library, and the latest Apache code is ahead of even
Java 6, AFAIK. So, I don't buy that unless the testing was with an out of
date library.

You'd also have to include XML serialization in your tests. I don't know of
any version of the Apache library since maybe 4 years ago or more that
didn't handle c14n of a subtree at roughly the same speed as serialization.
That optimization was done around the time the 1.3 library version was
released.

-- Scott