xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] XRD element order

Will Norris wrote on 2009-06-24:
> I think its worth noting that SAML, as an example, provides a pretty
> healthy amount of flexibility with regards to element order in cases
> where order really doesn't matter.

Actually, I'd say it's the opposite, SAML has a fairly sequence-oriented
schema. And yes, that does cause problems, but it can be complicated in XSD
to produce schemas that don't have ordering but also need to constrain the
number of particular child elements that can appear.

I guess I haven't seen a lot of sign that it causes problems for people. The
errors I see with SAML don't tend to be element order, more from misusing
things.

-- Scott