xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] URI Fragment in <Subject> or <Alias>

Have I recently mentioned how I feel about httprange-14?

This is one possible interpretation.

A subject of https://test.example.com/jbradley#1234

Unless the fragment resolves to something internal to the XRD the XRD
is about a non information resource (person in this case)

The XRD describes relationships to the person not the URI https://test.example.com/jbradley

This allows for differentiating between different non-information
resources discoverd by the same URI.

In openID this could be used to provide identifier recycling detection.

So the subject is a non-information resource and the XRD describes
relationships to that resource.

Being able to differentiate XRDs that describe things as opposed to
URI may have advantages.
Though I doubt that anyone would understand it.   The whole abstract
identifier debate is so convoluted in http as to not be useful.

The TAG has held for a long time that openID that represent persons in
meat space should be abstract and that openID is broken as a result.

I don't see it bothering anyone though.

Good luck with that Eran:)

John B.