xri message

Subject: Fwd: [xri] OpenID Use Case

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Breno de Medeiros <breno@google.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 9:15 AM
Subject: Re: [xri] OpenID Use Case
To: Nat Sakimura <n-sakimura@nri.co.jp>

Hi Nat,

You have a step with a Discovery Service DS. I understand that is an optional component if the RP cannot for some reason implement the discovery logic themselves, right?

I would suggest that no RP signature is needed to use a DS as you describe. Instead of using a PPID you should use a One-Time identifier, when then the RP signature is not needed.