xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Summary on trust/KeyInfo issues

On Jul 23, 2009, at 2:39 AM, Nat Sakimura wrote:
> xrd/KeyDescriptor: Wrapper element for ds:KeyInfo for the Subject.

just to clarify, what is the use-case for an XRD-level KeyInfo?  I
understand that there may be application specific use cases like XDI
Message which Markus mentioned, but is there any XRD use-case for
this?  As far as I know, the only KeyInfo elements that matter for XRD
are the ones under ds:Signature and Link.

Stephen Weber recently blogged about doing PGP key discovery over
HTTP[0].  One of his proposed methods was advertising the key as a
linked resource in an XRD.  While I'm not sure that I agree with using
a rel value of "me", it does seem that the certificate for a subject
can be viewed as simply a related resource.  That still wouldn't
preclude it from being embedded directly into the XRD document itself.

[0]: https://singpolyma.net/2009/06/discovering-openpgp-keys-over-http/

I don't want to spend too much time discussing the best way of putting
a Subject's key into an XRD unless we really need to... that can be a
discussion for later.  I just want to clarify if this is something
that really needs to be defined in XRD.

-will