xri message

Subject: subject sets (was: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 2-3PM PT Thursday 2009-07-16)

(Let's NOT continue propagating the "Minutes:" subject, please... it's
rather confusing)

I'll let the discussion with Scott run its course, but wanted to chime
in with a couple of questions on this proposal:

Regarding extensibility, are we intending the "set" attribute of
<Subject> be extensible with new values?  I know we are only planning
to define one, "beginswith".  If we ARE intending it to be extensible,
should we not use URI based values, so as not to necessitate the
creation of a value registry?

Since <Subject> is used both at the XRD level and at the <Link> level,
has any thought been giving to ramifications of having a subject set
at the <Link> level?  It might simply not make sense, it might be
perfectly valid, I'm not sure.  Just wanted to make sure we thought
through that.

-will