xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 2-3PM PT Thursday 2009-07-30

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XRI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 30 July 2009 USA
Time:  2:00PM - 3:00PM Pacific Time (21:00-22:00 UTC)

ATTENDING

Will Norris
Scott Cantor
John Bradley
Drummond Reed
Peter Davis
George Fletcher
Joseph Holsten

REGRETS
Nat Sakimura

AGENDA

1) LINK HEADER/HOST META/LRDD STATUS/ISSUES

	http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-http-link-header
	http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-site-meta
	http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hammer-discovery

Eran was not able to attend today so no update.

2) XRD 1.0 - LINKED XRD REL VALUE

See this thread:

	http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200907/msg00154.html

Will read the text defining a linked XRD. It uses the phrase, "a linked XRD
is an equally valid descriptor of the described resource". This is accurate;
the only additional aspect we need to define is precedence of XRDs. Will
went over the basic rules:

	a) First you look for a related resource in the original XRD.
	b) If you don't find it, you process the highest priority linked
XRD.
	c) The process is recursive.

We discussed the tradeoffs between recursive processing, being depth-first
and supporting backtracking, and breadth-first, which would not support
backtracking (which was the case with XRI Resolution 2.0).

# DECISION:

	a) Processing of linked XRDs is recursive.
	b) Processing follows the same priority rules as any other link,
i.e., linked XRDs of equal priority are selected randomly.
	c) All linked XRDs are processed until the related resource is
found, or all linked XRDs are exhausted.

We had a long discussion about the use of Subject in a see-also link, and
whether it means anything consistently at the application layer.

# DECISION:

	a) The use of XRD:Link:Subject is limited to the semantics defined
in the Trust section of the specification.

3) XRD 1.0 - SUBJECT MATCHING SYNTAX AND RULES

See this thread:

	http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200907/msg00155.html

We had a short discussion resulting in the following:

# DECISION:

	a) The name of the <XRD:Subject> attribute will be "match".
	b) The value is a URI.
	c) We will define two URIs: one for the default value of "exact" and
one for the value of "beginswith".
	d) We will specify that omission of the attribute means the same as
inclusion of the attribute with the default URI.

4) XRD 1.0 - OTHER ISSUES & NEXT DRAFT STATUS

Will and Eran are working on the trust section. Once the issues above are
documented, this will be the last major section.

5) XRI SYNTAX 3.0 WORKING DRAFT 02 STATUS/ISSUES

We ran out of time to discuss this.

6) NEXT CALL

Standard time next week. Drummond noted he may have a conflict over the next
several weeks, however he won't know for sure until next week.