xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] subject sets (also sort of: Agenda for August 6, 2009call)

We need a simple way to verify the association between the Subject of the XRD and the certificate used to sign it. The requirement we have is to have a way to guarantee that the same entity which controls the domain name in the Subject, controls the certificate as well, and signed the XRD.

You can sign an XRD using anything, but our focus has been on the resource owner being able to describe the resource (Subject) and sign it in a way that a client can confirm that it was really the resource owner who described it. Since we are dealing with many limitations, we decided to limit this to the authority level (which is defined in 3896).

EHL