xri message

Subject: FW: Should XRD allow including other XRD documents?

I like this answer.

It shows that with a little code, include can be accomplished by the server without having to make the client (literally) go through hoops. I made that point on the call, that I expect smart XRD hosting services to offer this as a feature.

EHL

-----Original Message-----
From: webfinger@googlegroups.com [mailto:webfinger@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Martin Atkins
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 10:06 AM
To: webfinger@googlegroups.com

My gut feeling here is that for the unusual case where you want to use
an XRD hosted by someone else but make a small change to it you can
expend a little extra effort and generate an XRD that contains the
information from the target XRD, either dynamically or statically as a
one-off. (If you do the latter, it is of course your responsibility to
update it when the target changes.)

In other words, right now including other XRDs seems to me to be enough
of a corner-case that the burden should be put on the XRD host, not on
the client.