xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] URI Templates syntax

Then the question becomes, what is the right way to do it...

I have been thinking about that, mostly in the context of host-meta.

It is already extensible by allowing each relation type or protocol to define their own syntax and vocabulary. The only use case we have today for templates is in host-meta (though it was originally requested for OpenSocial but not sure of the status of that at this point).

So we can either define a template attribute 'syntax' with a default URI value that means {%} or remove it altogether and not have a default template syntax, in which case host-meta will define it (probably in the same way...).

EHL