xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Changes to WD07

Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote on 2009-10-14:
> Because we don't allow XRD elements to be reused where they don't
> belong, we can't drop the <Link/Subject> from the schema and let it be
> an extension. But we need to figure out how to define it. I don't have a
> general purpose definition. It only has any meaning if the linked
> resource is an XRD document. We can simply say that but without some
> extra prose, it will probably confuse people who were not part of the
> trust and linked-XRD discussion.

Would it make sense just to leave it there and add text saying that the
interpretation is specific to the Rel type? Is it a concern if people come
up with some unexpected use for Subject that isn't strictly for linking to
XRDs? Seems like trying to explain the distinction is likely to raise more
questions than help.

-- Scott