xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] <Type>

Yes, that works fine too, as long as we _explicitly_ define that as the semantics of a <Property> that has no value.

=Drummond

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com> wrote:

I don’t think we need to. Just use a Property with type attribute and no value.

EHL

From: drummond.reed@gmail.com [mailto:drummond.reed@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Drummond Reed
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2009 1:05 PM
To: Eran Hammer-Lahav
Cc: Nika Jones; xri@lists.oasis-open.org

Yes, I can see a pretty good case to go from <Type> to <Property type="uri-goes-here">value-if-

not-empty</Property>.

Note that if we do this, all we need to do to replace the original semantics of the <Type> element is to define a Property type URI with that semantics, e.g., something like

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/xri#type.

The value of a property with that type URI would be a URI representing the type of the resource.

=Drummond